Heroes of the Storm is an online battle centric game that facilitates multiplayer contests simultaneously.
It is divided into several special tasks that are tricky and captivating enough to keep users glue to it for long sessions. However, many people have reported about frequent lags and slowdowns during the gameplay that completely kill the fun. Here are some solutions that are worth trying.
Check whether your computer meets the game’s system spec requirements.
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Operating System Type: 32-Bit
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo/ AMD Athlon
- Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD/ NVIDIA GeForce/ Intel HD
- Random Access Memory (RAM): At least 2GB
- Free Hard Disk Space: 10GB
Recommended System Specifications
- Operating System: Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Operating System Type: 64-Bit with the newest service pack available
- CPU: Intel Core i5/ AMD FX
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce/ AMD Radeon
- Memory: 4GB
- Free Hard Disk Space: 10GB
Update Graphics Card
Updating the hardware drivers is a highly critical task overlooked by many users. Video card driver updates rarely arrive via Windows Update, a utility that provides regular patches and bug-fixes. System driver updates likely offer new features. AMD and Nvidia are among some Graphics Card manufacturers that offer an automatic driver updating utility. You can either make good use of these utilities or manually update the driver.
- Press Windows Key + X keys together.
- Select Device Manager from the list of tools displayed.
- Expand the top node and then Display Adaptor driver node.
- Right-click the Graphics driver and select Uninstall.
- Follow the removal wizard till its completion.
- Restart your computer after successful uninstallation of the display driver.
- Visit the website of your Graphics Card vendor.
- Check for the latest driver version and download and subsequently install it.
Reinstall the Game
Heroes of the Storm’s performance may dip on your computer depending on the state of the game’s files are in and various other factors. Refreshing the game might do the trick in such a scenario. Uninstall the game, delete any traces that are left behind and then reinstall it.
- Exit and reopen the Battle.Net desktop application.
- In the game library, locate Heroes of the Storm.
- In the Options menu, select Uninstall game option.
- Restart your computer once the game is uninstalled.
- After bootup, open to File Explorer.
- Click View, and then select the Hidden items option.
- Delete the following folders from the hard disk:
C:\Program Files\Heroes of the Storm
C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes of the Storm
C:\Users\Public\Games\Heroes of the Storm
C:\Users\USER_NAME\Games\Heroes of the Storm
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Blizzard Entertainment\Heroes of the Storm
C:\Users\USER_NAME\Documents\Blizzard Entertainment\Heroes of the Storm
- After deleting the above directories, delete the contents of the following folders. DO NOT delete the folders.
- Now open the Battle.Net desktop application.
- Go to the game library and search for Heroes of the Storm.
- Click the game and select the Install option.
Set Optimum Nvidia Control Panel Settings
Improve your gaming experience by tweaking the Nvidia Control Panel settings in best possible manner.
- Open the Nvidia Control Panel by right clicking on the desktop and selecting the relevant option from the context menu.
- Click Manage 3D settings on the new window that opens.
- You will now be seeing the 3D configurations on the screen.
- Click the Global Settings tab to display the relevant options.
- Activate the Anti-Aliasing Mode feature.
- Click Apply.
- Exit the window and restart your computer.
Stop Unusual Use of System Resources
The game requires at least 2GB of RAM to function smoothly. Some of the third party processes on your computer might be taking up too much of the memory. Use the Task Manager to identify and end all such processes.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys simultaneously.
- Open Task Manager from the new window.
- Click More details.
- Click the Processes tab.
- Sort the processes by their CPU Usage. To do so, click the Memory column head.
- To end a process, right-click it and select End Task.
Reset the DNS Configuration
Reset Domain Name Server (DNS) configurations by using Command Prompt for more smoothness and stability in the gameplay.
- Press Windows Key + X, select Command Prompt.
- Windows Command Prompt will now open up.
- Type the following command and press Enter to execute it:
- Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Automatically Obtain the DNS Configurations
Some users have reported about the lag issue being solved after they enabled automatic DNS configuration during multiplayer Internet gaming.
- Press Windows Key + X, select Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet | Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change Adaptor Settings from the panel on the left.
- Right-click the active Network Adapter and select Properties.
- In the new dialog that opens, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/ IPV4).
- Click Properties.
- In the subsequent dialog, select Obtain DNS Server Settings Automatically.
- Click OK twice.