Get Rid of Delta Search
Removing Mixidj.delta-search.com Adware
Mixidj.delta-search.com is a kind of adware and browser hijacker. It often comes with freeware programs. During a freeware program installation you may be prompted to install this adware in the “Recommended Programs” page.
It hijacks your web browser. It makes unwanted changes in the browser settings. It changes your default homepage, default new tab, search engine and many other settings. Of course it does everything without your consent. You experience many adverse changes while surfing the Internet, downloading files or playing online videos/ games.
This article will guide you to remove Mixidj.delta-search.com virus and disinfect your computer. Follow the guidelines given below:
Follow this procedure to download:
- Click here to download error scanner.
- Double click on the setup file and follow the on-screen
instructions to install the product.
- Run a Scan and fix the detected errors by clicking the
"Fix Errors" button.
- Disable Startup Programs/ Services
- Restore Default Home Page
- Restore Default New Tab
- Restore Default Search Engine
- Remove Malicious Registry Entries
- Reset the Browser
Disable Startup Programs/ Services
Startup programs/ services list may contain an entry of this adware. If it does, the adware runs every time you start the computer. Disable suspicious entries or all Non-Microsoft entries depending upon your expertise.
For Windows 8
- Press the Windows Key.
- Type “MSCONFIG” in the Search Box.
- Click the Apps icon.
- Open it from the Search Results.
- System Configuration opens.
- In the General tab select “Selective startup” option. Uncheck “Load startup items” box and check-up “Load system services” box.
- Click Apply | OK and restart the machine.
Restore Default Home Page
Your default home page has been changed. Set blank home page instead of adware site.
- Click the Wrench icon on the top right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Check-up “Show Home button” checkbox under “Appearance” category.
- Click “Change” link next to “New Tab page” label.
- Select “Open this page” option and remove the web path specified in it. Replace it with “about:blank” (without quotes).
- Select “Open the New Tab page” option and then click OK.
Restore Default New Tab
New Tab is the page- either blank or a webpage- that loads when you add a new tab. Your default tab is changed. Restore it as follows:
For Google Chrome
- In the Settings page chrome://settings/, click Set Pages link under “On Startup” category.
- Remove all entries, if any. For example: http://mixidj.delta-search.com?affID=*****
- Click OK.
- In the “On Startup” category select Open the New Page option.
Restore Default Search Engine
Set Google, Yahoo or Bing as your default search engine.
- In the same Settings page, click “Manage Search Engines” button under “Search” category.
- Remove all search engines from the list box excluding Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Click Done.
Remove Malicious Registry Entries
Your Registry is filled with malicious entries with the intention to continue adware operations in background. Unless and until these entries are removed there will be security vulnerabilities. Remove the entries by downloading Reginout System Cleaner through the following download link:
- Download Reginout System Utilities.
- Install and open the application.
- Start full scan and fix all errors, delete malicious entries detected.
Reset the Browser
Browser Reset is the procedure of restoring default settings. Reset Internet Explorer as shown below:
For Windows 8
- Press the Windows Key + R.
- Run dialog opens.
- Type “inetcpl.cpl” (without quotes) and click OK.
- Internet Properties dialog opens.
- Click the Advanced tab. Click the Reset button.
- Check-up the box named “Delete personal settings”.
- Click the Reset button.
- To restore default advanced settings click Restore Advanced Settings in the same tab.
- Click Apply | OK.